Friday, March 16, 2007

How To Survive Work When The NCAA Tournament Is On


Most sports literate people were smart enough to take yesterday and today off. I on the other hand have been forced to work because I have a planned vacation with my family at the end of the month and can't afford to. So what have I done for the last day and a half?

With a manager like mine you have to be creative to stay up to date with the scores. There are a multitude of different sites you can use to stay in the know, but I use a mixture of "live blogs" and the big two to help make my life easier. Thanks to the guys over at Awful Announcing and Deadspin I could actually get a "normal guys" play by play of the games. I also have the scoreboards on ESPN and Sportsline open at all times. I use the Split Browser Firefox add-on to have all windows open simultaneously. When I hear my boss coming I immediately Alt-Tab and act like I'm not wasting the company's money. One of my fellow workers was clever enough to hide a small TV on his desk to watch the games today. I'm trying my hardest to adjust my seat to watch from a far. It's definitely a juggling act and one in which I don't plan on using in the future, but if it gets me through the day without knocking my boss out then I'm happy.

No comments: