Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Barca Falls, Inters Out, Later Lyon and Here Comes Chelsea


So about two weeks ago the sound on my TV goes out. I check to make sure that the TV in the other room is working right and realize that it's probably the cable. So I call Cox Communications and find out that my cable box is shot. They come the next day to replace the box and my loving wife asks about the DVR I have been wanting. They say they are running a special that allows me to use the DVR for 1 month FREE. Just in time for UEFA. You see I actually have a day job that doesn't allow me to watch TV, so the DVR thing comes in handy. I tried my hardest not to see the scores all day today until I got home to watch what was recorded on the DVR, but that wasn't going to happen because I run a sports blog, remember?

Anyway, I actually did watch the (1-0) Barca vs Liverpool game just because. It was a great game that I think Liverpool definitely deserved to win, but they advance on aggregate so who cares. Riise had a couple of chances to score for Liverpool but kept hitting the crossbar.

The French champions Lyon got beat by Roma 2-0 with Totti scoring a sick header and Mancini doing about 8 MILLION step overs before finally hitting the back of the net.

The game that I still have left to watch on the DVR is Chelsea vs Porto. I have already seen the highlights of the game and the score (2-1), but will probably watch the entire thing tonight because there is nothing on. It's about time that Ballack scored!

The last game on tap is the one getting the most press, Inter vs Valencia. The game ended in a 0-0 tie and a brawl. The Italian champions will be going home early also because Valencia wins on aggregate. Watch the video of the fight below:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That 'brawl' made me laugh. One guys throws a punch and then runs away like a girl whilst the rest of them stand around puching each others.

Soccer is so full of pansies.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to go to see this web page and reading the views of all colleagues on the topic of this paragraph, while I am also keen of getting familiarity.

my blog post ... party girl fuck