Friday, February 23, 2007

Trade deadline comes and goes... Who cares?


Juan Dixon to Toronto for Fred Jones???? That's it? After weeks of talk about Jason Kidd going to the Lakers that's all we get (by the way I hate the Lakers, especially Kobe) but the Lakers having a good team helps the NBA. They're one of those teams either you love or detest. When is the NBA going to wise up again and start making some big moves? AI to the Nuggets was nice, but what about everyone else. They need to make the NBA structured more like the NFL. No guaranteed contracts!!! Then maybe you will start seeing some more parity and make the games more interesting. The NBA is falling off the map again. I think that you can judge the impact of the sport with how your kids act when watching the games. I watch a bunch of sports on TV with my kids (2 boys ages 5 and 2) and they could care less about watching an NBA game. It's not basketball, because they like to watch College games. I just don't think the NBA has it anymore. They tried with the All-Star game. It didn't work in my opinion. It's not because there aren't any stars in the league. There are plenty of guys that are good. Time to wake up and make things more interesting. One things for sure, neither myself nor my kids will be watching until the playoffs.

No comments: