Thursday, March 15, 2007

Michael Vick Just Loves The Pinot Noir


Michael Vick, I mean "Mike Vick" has opened his own winery, The Tasting Room, in suburban Atlanta. When I think of Vick the first thing that comes to mind is a good wine. I mean how else do you think he got the name "Ron Mexico" other than by being a connoisseur of fine wines. Vick is also trying to give back to the community with this new venture. Vick had this to say,
"It's good for people to see that I'm giving back to the community, where people can see me trying to do something that's positive. There's a lot of people speculating about things I do that are not so positive."
This is how you give back to the community? You open a winery? I'm sure all of the poor kids in town will be lining up with the parents for your next Chardonnay tasting. Why not build a park or donate some signed jerseys? Maybe it's the black substance found in the water bottle talking. Why else would he be opening a winery in the Dirty South? Is he gonna have Jermaine Dupree and Packman Jones over for an apéritif before they hit the strip clubs? What wine goes best with chicken wings and peach cobbler anyway?

Restaurant open, but not Vick (AJC.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Err... no Mike, Alcoholism is not a positive thing...