Sunday, March 4, 2007

Hey Phil - 40 Is The New 20, Right?


When I heard that Scottie Pippen was trying to make a return to the NBA I knew I had to write about it. With all the injuries to the Lakers, Phil Jackson has been in touch with Scottie, who is now 41, about a possible comeback. (Hey, how about some love for Will Purdue?) Jackson says of the phone conversation, "it was just preliminary talk about how he's doing, where he's at and how he feels." I understand that all athletes think they can play forever, but don't you have to be realistic. Scottie was good in his prime along side the Great One, but at 41 playing with kids and the ball hog(Kobe), I don't think so. If you want to bring him in and let him help at practice that's alright. As long as you know that he isn't that missing piece that's going to take you to the NBA Finals. I think I'd let him back in the league as long as he brings the Kid N Play high top fade with him.

Jackson talks to Pippen (CBS Sportsline)

No comments: