Sunday, March 11, 2007

Hey Drexel and Syracuse, At Least You Can Still Win the NIT


Selection Sunday came and I'm convinced they have a bunch of kindergarten kids making the decisions behind the scenes. They must have showed the kids some school colors or the mascots and the kids got to choose their favorites. How else would Duke get a 6 seed and Drexel get left out altogether? Some of the interesting first round bracket busters that I possibly* see happening are:

Winthrop over Notre Dame
GT over UNLV
Illinois over VT
VCU over Duke
Gonzaga over Indiana
Oral Roberts over Wash. St.
Texas Tech over Boston College
Creighton over Nevada

East
I definitely think the East Bracket is the hardest (NC, Georgetown and Texas). Durant might score 50 a night, but their still not making the Final 4.

South
This is the second toughest bracket in my mind. You never know with a team like Louisville and Rick Patino and Tennessee could surprise some people too.

West
From the West Bracket I can't wait to see the Pitt vs UCLA match-up (let's get real you know this will happen). I like UCLA making the Final 4 again.

Midwest
Florida strolls through this bracket with maybe a good test against the Wisconsin/Oregon winner. Oregon looked good the other night destroying USC, but Florida is just too good.

These could change tomorrow but at a glance:

My Sweet 16: Florida, Maryland, Oregon, Wisconsin, Kansas, So. Ill, Pitt, UCLA, NC, Texas, Vandy, Georgetown, Ohio State, Tenn, Louisville and Memphis.

My Elite Eight: Florida, Oregon, Kansas, UCLA, Texas, Georgetown, Ohio State and Louisville

My Final Four: Florida, UCLA, Georgetown and Ohio State

Championship: Florida playing Georgetown with Florida cutting down the nets again.

* note: I don't count the 8 vs 9 games as upsets and I reserve the right to change my mind about any of these games at any time.

3 comments:

THN said...

I shed no tears for Syracuse. But UNLV got screwed.

twins15 said...

Agreed East bracket is the toughest... I really wouldn't be shocked if UNC, Texas, or Georgetown were cutting down the nets in Atlanta when it's all said and done.

DJR said...

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised either if UNC, Texas, or Georgetown won the whole thing, but I think Florida will start to really click when the tournament starts. They did the same thing last year.